New Delhi : 1. In a major announcement that fulfils the demands of the Hospitality Industry in the National capital Region, the Lt. Governor of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi has accorded permissions for the opening of the Hotels and itâs restaurants in Delhi. This is a big step towards revival of tourism and hospitality activities in the capital city.
- ShriPrahlad Singh Patel held discussion with the Lt. Governor of NCT to request him to accede to the demands of the hospitality industry in Delhi for permission to start hotel & restaurant operations. Prior to this he had also taken up this matter with Home Ministry.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Culture & Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has been continuously engaging with the representatives of Tourism & Hospitality industry stakeholders to discuss solutions and way forward to reboot the tourism economy by reviving demand, especially through promotion Domestic Tourism to Start with. He had held a series of brainstorming meetings over the previous week with different segments of the tourism industry to hear and understand their difficulties. A step towards addressing the concerns of tourism industry.
- Welcoming this major announcement of opening of the Hotels & restaurants in Delhi, ShriPrahlad Singh Patel thanked the Home Minister & Lt. Governor of Delhi and said âopening of the two biggest segments of the tourism industry viz hotels & restaurants in the countryâs capital is positive move that will help push domestic travel and give much relief to the industry which has been reading itself with all health and safety protocolsâ.
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has given permission to start the hotel, restaurant and hospitality services in the tourism sector from 8th June 2020 in a phased manner. The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare had issued SoPs /Protocols for operation of the Hotels, Restaurants & other accommodation Units and Ministry of Tourism had subsequently come up with Operational Guidelines for Hotels, Restaurants & other accommodation units which were circulated countrywide.
- Towards another major move in rebooting the tourism activities, Shri Shri Prahlad Singh Patel has requested that Home Ministry to consider allowing the Banquets halls and Conference facilities to operate at 50 Percent of their capacity by following the existing safety protocols and social distancing norms , a move that will help kick start the MICE Industry.
- The Union Minister of State for Culture & Tourism (I/C) also held meetings with the Union Civil Aviation Minister last week to discussed the issue of refund policy on the cancellation of air tickets and some resolution is expected on that front.
Check all the updates from Ministry of Tourism at its social media handles:
(The content has been provided by the media contact with the sole responsibility of the Expert.)